Friday, March 20, 2009

Gardening back in style?

It seems that gardening is going mainstream again. First, I received my May/June issue of Hobby Farms Home with a lovely historical article about the Victory Garden, then yesterday morning on our local ABC news station, they did a story about gardening and Victory Gardening. Now I am reading about the White House organic kitchen garden.

I noticed my husband's AARP magazine sitting on the counter last night, and lo and behold, there was a gardening article mentioned on the cover. It will be interesting to watch the learning curve as America relearns how to garden. But, at least those of us who have been enjoying gardening all along will be treated to many more articles and shows dedicated to our "hobby". I am glad I've got my canning supplies stocked up because I'll bet those will be harder and harder to find too. Now everyone's going to need one of those hard to find jar lifters!

No comments:

Post a Comment