Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Fresh Garden Salsa



This is one of my "signature" dishes. Whenever we go to a "dish to pass" party in the summer, I put together one of my fresh garden salsas. The best part of this is you can usually find all the ingredients in the garden.

You will need:
2-3 ears of sweet corn, cooked and off the cob
1 tomato
1 medium onion
2 bell peppers ( I like to use green and orange, the red color is taken care of by the tomato)
1 bottle of Italian dressing (I use one packet mix of Good Seasons)
2-3 tablesppons of lime juice to taste

Optional:
1 can of black beans rinsed
2 tablespoons of chopped cilantro

Chill one hour. Serve with tortilla chips (I use "Scoops" chips)





1 comment:

  1. Once again, if I could hit a "like" button, I would be pounding it furiously right about now ! If we ever get time, I think we're going to be trying this salsa recipe.

    ReplyDelete