Friday, July 19, 2013

Thinking of Pickles


'Tis pickling season!  We are not putting up pickles this year for two reasons... too many pickles and not enough cucumbers.  And apparently, it's pickling season, because it's going to be above 90 today just as it was in 2011 when we had our "pickle madness" day.  

I've always had good luck with pickles, since my very first foray into preserving and I enjoy making them, but since we still have plenty of pickles to get us through to next year, I did not plant cucumbers on the scale to have plenty of leftovers to pickle.  We will find some other sweaty garden chores to do today and think fondly of pickles.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, last year wasn't great for having enough cukes to pickle. We were very stingy with our pickle jars and only have 1 left. I am very much looking forward to pickling (even though it happens when you least want to be pickling thanks to the heat!).

    ReplyDelete