Thursday, June 21, 2018

Check out these carrots

This year I tried carrots in large landscape pots full of potting mix to give them deep, light soil and let them reach their full potential. It worked. I did some thinning tonight as a test run. 


It worked. I did some thinning tonight as a test run. 



My raised beds are open on the bottom but the tilled soil is 10-12 inches deep and in the past I've had carrots reach that depth and stub off. Plus potting soil made them super easy to pull.  Side note: after I had carefully sprinkled my carrots seeds onto my soil, and covered them with a light layer, a raccoon got into the garden one night and felt up all my pots and made mountain ranges out of my smooth soil.  I just smoothed it over and they ended up pretty well distributed.

No comments:

Post a Comment