Friday, October 4, 2019

Frost on the Pumpkin

The weather man is warning there may be 
a light frost tonight so I've prepared my garden.

I gathered up the pumpkins

I picked the last of the apples

Tim pulled the water pump but first filled all of my watering cans

I covered my lettuce with a frame and frost blanket.
I don't know if it will ever amount to anything,
but I don't want to give up just yet.

I pulled the last of the cucumber vines, and the worst looking beans
The colors of the Marigolds have been brilliant

The Nasturtiums are still gorgeous

I stopped to admire the Dahlias

Especially this color
There is still much gardening to be done.  Annuals to remove when they freeze.  Pots to empty.  Dahlia tubers to dig.  Seeds to collect.  Perennials to cut back.   Leaves to chop.  Weeds to pull.  Bulbs to plant.  Mulching to be done.    
I'm ready for cooler weather.  Apple pies.  Crock pots. Campfires...

No comments:

Post a Comment