Monday, September 27, 2021

The Bartlett Pear


I just ate the last one of those Bartlett pears.  I really wasn't expecting to blog about every pear I eat so I wasn't being obsessive about pictures.  But - pears can be tricky because they ripen from the inside out.  And I have a little learning curve on Bartlett ripeness...  I ended up with three Bartletts from the Chilly Pear Tree and on the third try I got it right.  This pear had been in the fridge for at least two weeks.
 

That was by far the BEST pear I've ever eaten!
Not only because I've worked so hard to get it.

And I still have a Bosc to go.  I'm a lot better at figuring out when a Bosc is ready to eat because I grew up with a Bosc tree.  Right now our lives are all about apples, so it can be easy to forget about a couple of pears tucked into the fridge.



No comments:

Post a Comment