Thursday, February 25, 2010

I Find This Hard to Believe

I placed my eggplant, pepper and tomato seed orders, and I stuck to the plan! I followed the list and plan that I laid out last year. I didn't make any changes. That has NEVER happened before!



You see, I'm a planner. I plan right down to how many pots I have for starting seeds. I have grow lights and heat mats for three flats. I have three flats of pots carefully collected and matched up from previous purchases. These flats are carefully washed, disinfected, and stored each year.



Eggplants and Peppers go in one flat because they are shorter than the tomatoes. They get started 2 weeks earlier too, which is the second week of March. Here is my seedling potting plan.



Some of these seedlings will go to my mother and father for their gardens. There are also a couple of extras for unplanned disasters. I have bad luck with seedlings for black varieties, so there are extra extra of those.

I actually stuck to this list. I went to Gardeners.com and used their bed planning tool to double check my numbers. But, we'll save my planting plan for another day.

Also, I am eating asparagus from the fancy grocery produce department. Somewhere in the world, it is spring!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your spreadsheet!!!! What a terrific way to plan out a bed and keep track of what you need to purchase.

    ReplyDelete