Sunday, July 21, 2019

On the Brink


We are on the brink of harvest time.  I can see potential!


The second planting of cucumbers is growing like mad.


The first planting is almost ready to pick.
No cucumber beetles.  Good pollination.
I've only removed one poorly developed one


All of the peas are out. 
I don't mind looking at a bare bed now and then.
The soil is beautiful.  This bed was seeded with bush beans yesterday


Still my favorite view in the garden


A hint of color!
The Paul Robeson plants (both of them have blushing fruit)


Lots of tassles


And a baby-bump!


The cantaloupes are looking good.
but....  I can't even show you a female flower
...still waiting


The cucumbers might be getting good pollination but not the zucchini.
I've removed five shriveling squash.  So as not to waste them I've taken a bite of each :)
I have a jar of pesto ready for my first zucchini noodles.  Yum.


Finally a yellow cauliflower!  I also have two green and one white almost ready.  
I seeded the fall crop this past week (on the fifteenth) 
and they are already almost ready to transplant into cells..


I'm enjoying my portulaca pots


And my dinner plate dahlias


The apples are continuing well.  No additional drops since a scant June drop. 
And this is on the lazy tree!  The tree who has only set one apple a year and dropped it before it ripened....  11 apples still hanging on!  The other tree has 36+

No comments:

Post a Comment