Monday, July 24, 2023

Mid-Season Reset

Yesterday I pulled out the dried peas, saving the seeds, and today I prepped the bed for lettuce.  It is a bit hot for lettuce.  I think I will tuck this tray back away on the east side of the corn where it will stay cool in the afternoons.


I used most of the rest of the compost.  Lovely stuff.


There are at least half a dozen cantaloupes large enough to see through the foliage.


The pole beans are coming


Beans for supper


The Sweet Corn has a good percentage of ears set.


As usual there are a lot of Ladybugs in the corn.  I guess they eat the pollen? 
 Because there are no aphids.  My bug ID app identifies this as the Seaside Lady Beetle which is a native,


The flowers are hitting their stride.



And today was a lovely day.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment