Friday, August 4, 2023

Cute as a Button

 


I just wanted to share a picture of my Sugar Shack Buttonbush.  
This was part of my spring perennial order from Bluestone.  It was just a 6" twig with a few leaves in a 3.5" pot and now it is about 18" tall and is taking right off.  I just love the glossy leaves. It is adding a really nice texture to this part of the riverbed.


This is an improved cultivar of a native that gets these cool little Dr. Seusseque flowers.  The leaves turn a deep red in autumn.  It loves a boggy spot, and it is in the quarter of the area which takes a lot of water off of the lawn.  I had a nice big butterfly bush here which died last year.  I think I have found an excellent replacement.

1 comment:

  1. You are right--those flowers are very cool and unusual! I love them <3
    --Melanie

    ReplyDelete