Wednesday, October 11, 2023

All Ahead Slow

There are no big projects left outdoors, but there are little things to keep me occupied day to day.


While I wait for the neighbor to appear so we can go for our morning walk, I turn the compost pile.
 

Whenever I spot a sufficient pile of leaves, I suck them up in my chopper.  What is not used for mulch in the spring will be turned into the compost next year.


The Garden gnomes have had their baths and are drying out before heading to the shed for winter.
I potted up an ivy that was too nice to toss, and one of the last of the rootlings from the destruction of the Lilac bush.


I cleared away the annuals from the feet of the dahlias.  I am labeling any that don't have visible labels.  At this stage I am pruning out anything that falls or breaks.  One of these days I will begin to dig.


We beat the brush back from this corner below so we can blow leaves into it with the mower.
There were some small saplings and shrubs started, and plenty of goldenrod.
There is also Milkweed in there which will come back next summer.


Above is how it had grown in over the past few summers.
I remember when it was clear enough to have a planter in it.


The woods and undergrowth cannot resist moving into any empty space.

No comments:

Post a Comment