Friday, March 15, 2024

Finish Work

 

Yesterday I did the finer cleanup work around the West Side wilderness area.  I raked all of the twiglettes out of the gravel drive and the mown grass area.


I went in with a hand pruner and trimmed more broken and unwanted shrubs.  There were still Ash limbs tangled in there.  I used a leaf blower to clear the sawdust out of the rocks and generally tidied up our work area.


I found still more rose bushes but those I will tackle when we clean up after the tree crew removes the trees on the far side.


We have a pile started in the edge of the woods for the next burn.  We will relocate it with the tractor when the ground firms up.  No burning now until May 15th.  Above is what remains of our last brush pile.  The coals continued to burn down until it is almost completely flat.  


The Allium bulbs I planted last fall have come up nicely.  I'm excited to see those flowers.


The large Peony that I transplanted last summer has survived and is putting out some little red buds.  I was a little concerned about it but it seems to be fine.  Now I feel comfortable buying a support for it.  I wasn't going to bother if it didn't survive the move.  I don't expect it to be as large as usual but it shouldn't take long to settle in.

No comments:

Post a Comment