Sunday, August 27, 2023

Moving Things

 It is finally getting to the time of year where I can move perennials around again.  The weather has been mild and we just got a good soaking rain.  Its time to start dealing with this blank slate.

The bed to the right had become quite crowded and was being used as a temporary storage place for a couple of things. Over the past couple of years, if I had something that I wasn't sure what to do with I would stick it there.  Some things worked and will stay.  Some things worked too well and outgrew their space.  I decided to start with the Peony which became too tall and wide to look right up front.  I will also be relocating the apple tree next to it and there was a Candytuft that was being crowded out so that came out too.


I put the Peony in front of the corner post which will come in handy of the Peony gets very tall and needs to be anchored to something, and the Candytuft went in front of a rock (to the left)


I also marked the center spot where I will put the apple tree and began working up the soil where I want to reseed the lawn.  Next year I will consider some low growing color for the front edges.  I call the area to the right "the spring garden" because there are a lot of Daffodils and Primrose and the Peony was also an early bloomer.  I usually plant Marigolds along the front to the left, but I want some perennial summer color in front of the green shrub backdrop on both sides.  That's just a whole lot of plain ole green.

No comments:

Post a Comment