Sunday, July 26, 2026

Sneaky Snake

 I wanted to share one of my garden friends with you.  This is Sneaky Snake.  He lives in a hole in the railroad tie right next to the horseradish.  Unless it is very hot out, I see him each day in the mid to late morning when he is sunning himself. I am not much of a snake person.  I won't handle them unless absolutely necessary, but I don't mind having them around a long as they don't surprise me.  Sneaky and I are used to each other and no one gets jumpy or nervous or moves quickly.  I am sure I could pick him up easily if I wanted to.  But I don't want to. I just get a kick out of his routine, and enjoy talking to him.  Today as I was walking back and forth and around the garden shed doing my chores, he assumed this position with his chin on the edge and just watched my comings and goings for almost an hour.



No comments:

Post a Comment