Tuesday, July 28, 2026

Dill Pickle Day

 Tomorrow will be Dill Pickle Day, which is fine because I don't have any conflicting plans for tomorrow anyway.  We got a wonderful steady rain all morning which we greatly deserved.  When it finally cleared up and I wrapped up the indoor projects I had gotten into, I went out to see what had to be done in the garden, and the cucumbers need to be picked.  I have had a busy day and I looked at this pile of work and thought it sure would be nice if they would just pickle themselves.  But then I remembered a quotes from one of my favorite books...


“when you look at a [garden] from the outside, it looks like work is the cost. From the inside, you find that the work is the reward or, rather, the work is all there is, and it’s a beautiful thing”

~Kristin Kimball Good Husbandry: A Memoir


No comments:

Post a Comment