Monday, August 17, 2026

Maintenance

 I have finally dug out all of the 18 daylilies slated for removal and refilled the empty holes with top soil.  In some cases I have already placed a plant, others will wait until next year.


I want to use at least one division of these Black Eyed Susans.

Mother plant

I last divided them in 2024 and they need it again.

First division from 2024
I am chucking annuals that are not making me happy.  This Gallery Art Deco Dahlia has petered out.


I replaced it with a Masquerade Ornamental Hot Pepper.


I am still working raking out on that bed full of Purslane.  This is round three.


My slicing Cucumbers (Gateway)  are still going strong.

(it was wet and rainy this morning)

One almost got away.


My second grapevine is starting to put out side shoots that look like they will make good cordons.


...so that has been my day.  Sweet Corn for supper again.

No comments:

Post a Comment