Saturday, August 29, 2026

Un Neglecting Old Irises

I thought that maybe, since I am buying new Irises... I should un-neglect some of the old Irises I still have.  One variety was in a spot that I could not dig (wedged between a wagon wheel and a rock) but two other varieties were accessible.


I dug them out with a fork.


...took them to the potting bench... and trimmed them up.  Then I planted them among the newer Irises.


Random flower of the day,   Beets Me Dahlia


And my largest pumpkin.


That massive stem makes it look small in the picture, but it is ample, two arms to hold it Jack o' Lantern size.  Our neighbor has decided that we need a pumpkin carving party in their barn with chili and cider.  That's fine.   We'll wait until Halloween is imminent.  You make the chili, I'll bring the pumpkins.

ETA:  Rebloomer Daylilies



No comments:

Post a Comment