Sunday, June 7, 2009

Spring Progress

My perennial edibles bed is doing well, and the strawberries are ripening. They are pictured below on the left under the wire cage which keeps out both the rabbits and the deer.
Horseradish down the middle, and asparagus and rhubarb down the right side.


I even put some onions in window boxes, and the back left corner has a hill of summer squash.


All my tomatoes, eggplants and peppers are doing well, and have been moved to the south side of the chicken coop where they get 12 hours a day of sun.


We have had a couple of days of hot and humid with occasional showers, and each day I can see growth and improvement.


And here is my perennial nursery. The plants in the back are Windflower and Black Eyed Susan that were 'weeded" out of the perennial bed. The 6 pots in the front contain seeds for biannual artichokes for next year. And the two flats underneath are reserved for the Siberian Irises I ordered with no plan in mind.


My bearded irises continue to impress me. I have a couple of new colors blooming this week, but these two toned blues are still my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment