Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Odds and Ends

Arrow is pointing to the break in the stem
This Dill plant is a volunteer which I left to grow when the new seeds were so slow to germinate.  One day it got caught in that ladder and grew so fast it snapped itself off.  But I let it be because I know how resilient plants can be.  How "snapped off" is it?


Pretty much all the way through.  But that was weeks ago and that thin strand of stem holding it together is allowing it to grow and flower.  It doesn't even wilt in this hot, hot weather we've had.  We finally got an inch of rain yesterday which was good because it had been 10 days and my water tank was half empty.  The temperatures have been in the high 80s to low 90s and I've been watering well every three days.


The Blue Lake bush beans


I have half a dozen little cantaloupes set.  Last night's rain gave them a boost.


The Big Drain in the front yard is a lush oasis.  The Chameleon plant ground cover is amazing.


Summer is in full swing.


And the Day Lilies are in full bloom

1 comment: