Wednesday, June 9, 2010

This Time Last Year

Actually, this time two years ago because last year I skipped the garden entirely in anticipation of the work and expense involved in building the raised beds. I think it was well worth it.



And two weeks later... the weeds have arrived.



And this is the garden from the same view point this evening



And, we have water! When I got home last night, the garden hose was stretched down the center of the garden, and Tim informed me that the pump was installed and fully operational. I took it for a spin. There is a switch inside the gate post for the pump, and a warning light to let you know if you have forgotten the pump on and walked away. Not that I need to water this week since our June rainfall has already beaten our monthly average.

2 comments:

  1. How is the incredible edible undead tomato plant convalescing? Did it survive, or...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is thriving, and it's buddy is catching up. Pretty soon I'm going to have to get it into a bigger pot, or adopt it to a more permanent home.

    ReplyDelete