Friday, July 13, 2012

Too Many....



This blog will, until further notice, be referred to as "Too Many Zucchini".  Once again, ONE plant is more than enough for one person.  Why did I plant the Eight Ball plant too?

Last night I cooked three zucchini.  There were still two in the refrigerator, and tonight I picked 6 more.  Important to pick them small... what would I do if I allowed them to get big?

My favorite way to eat Zucchini:  Saute some diced garlic and sliced onion until they caramelize.  Add a sliced zucchini and brown them.  Season with Borsari salt.  Serve over angel hair pasta and sprinkle some shredded mozzarella cheese over the dish allowing it to melt.

4 comments:

  1. I hear ya! I planted 2 zucchini and 2 eggplant and am mildly regretting both. We haven't had rain in a month, so the yeild isn't as big as it could be (real rain is always better, isn't it?). My neighbours aren't avoiding my zuc-laiden arms just yet ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *yield
    *laden
    my "i"'s seem to be popping up in all the wrong places!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you let them get big? Start your own zucchini bread bakery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We get free zucchini bread from neighbor Trish who puts in WAY more plants than I do!!! My extras are given away or fed to Mom's chickens.

    ReplyDelete