Thursday, August 11, 2022

Beans!

 We have lots and lots of beans!  And that's all I have to say about that.


We also have lots and lots of cantaloupes.  I am still covering them at night to hold heat.  This morning's temp was 54 degrees.


I have not watered the zuchini bed at all.  And the dry spell continues. I did have to spray with Mildew Cure last week and it is due for a spray again.  The non-silvered leafed Cue Ball plant was starting to show some powdery mildew and that stuff knocks it right down.  It actually disappeared off of most of the spots.  Not bad for a real (awful) humid stretch of weather.  I also sprayed the cantaloupe vines to be safe but they have been looking really good on their own.

The Zuchini Jungle

The tomatoes are starting to ripen slowly, one at a time which is the perfect pace for me.  I am trimming off any poorly shaped or small fruit and I think it is about time to top some plants.

Monster Sized Tomato Plant

The tomato plants are very healthy.  I have not pruned any diseased leaves out of any of them.  If the damage is minimum I feel that trimming only spreads it.  As you can see, there really isn't anything to clean up at all.

GinFizz

This plant has the most disease of the potted plants

It is sweet corn season.  We picked the first on the 8th.  The ears were not as sweet as they could be.  We are letting these mature and develop more flavor.

The second bed is just starting to produce some ears.

It is also dahlia season.  Again - no water.  The plants are more compact than usual but they are pushing out blooms as if life is grand.


The Cafe'Au Lait is the earliest to bloom but I also have Lady Darlene, Spartacus and Brown Sugar blooming.  I still have a whole bunch of new varieties to look forward to.

Gitt's Crazy


2 comments:

  1. I love your gardens! We need your weather here in TX.Thank you for sharing.JAKKI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jakki! Welcome to my Blog. I hope it gives you some good ideas.

      Delete