Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Black Eyed Susan Out of Control

In years past I had so darn many BES.  I got sick of them.  I pulled them out.  I relocated them.  I got tired of supporting and spraying and deadheading them.  Three years ago I ripped out the last big area of them.  For some reason, I must have had a really nice green clump and I stuck them into a fiber pot and put them along the compost pile with other refugees and forgot about it.  Last year, when I was looking for things to fill in bare spots in the dry creek, I stuck that little clump in.  It did really well, forming a neat little clump and flowering nicely.


Next spring I think I will have to divide it.
For perspective, I put a red X on the rock beside it.  Just to prove it is the same plant.


Its over three feet tall and just as round!
Next week, if I am successful in fending off the deer, it should begin to bloom.
I am documenting it now just in case they nibble on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment