Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Pruning

 It was time to prune the Viburnum bush in front of the house.  I've always had good luck pruning this.  I've taken a lot out of it over the years and I've never felt that I've ruined its shape (unlike many other shrubs I've had).  We just get along well.  I hard pruned it back in 2020 or 2021 and I gave it a break because I felt bad about it.  But this year it was starting to get pretty tall and full at the top.


You are never supposed to take more than 30% out of a woody shrub.  I took what I felt I needed to without butchering it.  I got it up off the ground and out of the Juniper and away from the tarps.  I even thinned the top pretty good.


And it looks almost exactly the same.


I think I need to take another pass at it.
Remember:  you can always go back and cut off more.

No comments:

Post a Comment