Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Winding Down


At this point in the raised bed garden I have six beds empty and mulched.  I keep up with the weeds, and admire the beautiful soil.  All ready for next season.


But there is still food in here.  The pole beans rallied.  You can see that the yellow Monte Gusto beans on the left look a little haggard.  But the Seychelles are deep green and producing well again.  I just kept them watered during the hot spell and they began to flower again.  Even the yellows are beginning to flower a little.


And we have as many peppers as we can eat.


The Clarimore zucchini continues to flower.  There are fewer male flowers so I am losing about half of the squash to poor pollination.  Still plenty.


The herb bed had a blank spot in it so I put a packet of nasturtium seeds in.  Last year I go no nasturtiums at all.  So I am enjoying these.


This is the first year I tried Dara (wild carrot) from seed.  I only got two plants.


But I love these so next year I will try again and be more careful with them.


The Zinnias are gorgeous.



More of these next year too.


I did not adjust the saturation on the above photo.  These Sayonara dahlias are even more vibrant in person.  It sort of overwhelms the cell phone camera.


The Dahlia patch is looking stellar.
Sometimes the cool nights can tweak the colors a bit.  Below is a Lady Darlene which is usually red and yellow.  This one is fuchsia and powder pink.



No comments:

Post a Comment