Monday, August 3, 2026

First Tomato

 I picked my first tomato today.  It still needs a couple of days to ripen fully but I don't want to miss it!  It is beautiful!  I also tried a couple of ears of sweet corn today.  It was a little immature but still sweet and tasty.  It needs another week to be in its prime but it is so hard to wait and it isn't possible to eat it all a once anyway.


My Dahlias are beginning to bloom well now.  This one would have been in its prime yesterday or the day before when it was overcast and rainy.  I want the whole flower garden to look nice when they start to open so I spent some time deadheading the Marigolds and Zinnias today to bring on some fresh blooms.  I am looking forward to some beautiful color.



3 comments:

  1. What a beauty! Still awaiting on any colour on mine. Just cherries ripening so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just got our first red tomatoes too....and our flower gardens are going crazy. Http://skoogfarm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete