I have been enjoying making plans for the Iris flower bed and looking forward to flowers next year.
I have been checking on the rhizomes, taking the cloches off and giving them a little tug and they are rooting in very well. I can see that some of the leaves are beginning to grow again.
The internet has been bombarding me with photos of beautiful irises. I had a little room left and no red toned bi-colors, so I ordered a few more for the center of the bed.
I took Coleus cuttings today. I plan to take another round when these root and are transplanted. I can keep cutting until frost and fill a tray. I elected to use water tubes instead of the potting medium because I can easily monitor the root growth.
I also have some fall lettuce seeded.
I have both "protected" with trays that give them a little filtering of the direct sun.
A little over a month ago, when I was drying and packeting pea seeds, I planted out some of the extras. Just 50 seeds as an experiment. Boy they grow differently in warm weather. I already have blooms.
Some beautiful, bright Celosia.








No comments:
Post a Comment