Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Patience in Gardening

 


It is really difficult to have patience in the spring when it is nearly 80 degrees out and mostly sunny and even a little flowery.  Even if it is very windy.  But I will NOT plant anything yet.  I have made my notes and consulted the Almanac's Moon Calendar and chosen the days based on past experience and future goals.

I am waiting until the weekend of the 15th to direct sow peas and lettuce and carrots.  That's more than a week away.  That will probably also be around the time when the Peppers and Celosia and maybe even Coleus are ready for transplanting into cells.

The first true leaves are coming but oh so tiny


Every time I peek at the Butterhead lettuce it looks like it has grown a little more.  I gave it a little half strength fertilizer and it stood right up and started to grow.

The week after that I will see if the local nursery is ready to sell cole crops.  Their summer hours will have begun then and if I had started my own plants they would be ready about then to set out.

Patience....

1 comment:

  1. Your daffodils and lettuce look so pretty! I'm anxious to get planting too. We've had a warm spring, but memories of late frosts in the past couple of years keep me cautious.

    ReplyDelete