Monday, April 10, 2023

Undo Redo 2023 Edition

 Today was Undo Redo Day.  We need some Rail Road Ties to replace rotted steps in the walkway.  So we decided to redistribute what we already have. We weren't real attached to this line of ties.  Sometimes when you finish a project and you see it in its entirety, something just isn't right.  These ties needed to go.


There are several places that need to have ties replaced.  Some of the punky spots you can avoid stepping on because they are part of a wall.  This isn't one of those spots.  You can't avoid this spot.  Darn ants and ground bees.  I blame them for undermining this.  And for being so surly and stinging me in the ankles when I walk thru.


Once we get a few more rocks arranged and maybe plant something to soften the edge, this area will look much more natural.  This is a good change.  We'll get it sorted out and we have material to work with.


The firepit planter needed to be leveled.  Assembling this without mortar is just one degree easier than assembling Stonehenge.


Yesterday we pulled a 2x4 border out from between the bricks and the pavers around the firepit.  Every year it heaved and made a good toe-catcher.  We replaced it with gravel and it looks much better.


We also moved the cold frame up into position.  This thing weighs a couple hundred pounds and I'm sure my arms are at least an inch longer.  Now I can get the Marigolds started.


And I got one section of landscaping mulched.  That was the first thing I intended to do when I left the house this morning.  Mulch the west end and maybe get some planters and supports out of storage and distributed where they need to be.


How is it you can work all day long and only get one thing checked off of your To Do List?

No comments:

Post a Comment