Saturday, August 3, 2024

Fill In Flowers

 This time of year the annuals that I start from seed to fill in the edges are at their peak.

First Flame Celosia from seed and volunteers

El Brighto Coleus from cuttings, volunteer Celosia and Marigolds from seed

El Brighto Coleus from cuttings, volunteer Celosia

Volunteer Portulaca

Durango Marigolds direct sown

Bloody Mary Nasturtium from seed

Bloody Mary Nasturtium from seed

Bloody Mary Nasturtium from seed

Junkyard Dog Dahlia
This is the third year I have planted this tuber and the first year it has bloomed
It is still trying to figure out how to do it right

2 comments:

  1. What interesting colours on the nasturtiums. I know there are varieties that hold their blooms above the foliage. I just picked up a packet off the shelves this spring, and the blooms are all hidden, but the foliage is lovely. I am a sucker for any red flower. Love that you identify the variety of plants you post pics of. The 'fire pit' full of celosia is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the varigated colors on these Nasturtium but the foliage is much less robust than Alaska. I think I will go back to that.

      Delete