Friday, August 16, 2024

Annuals Update

Here is an update on my annual flowers.  August is when they finally look their best and you wonder "why was I in such a hurry in May?"  I didn't even start my Marigolds until the end of May and that was also when I weeded these Snapdragons out of the gravel and transplanted them into a tray.  Snapdragons will handle quite cold temperatures so they will continue to flower for a couple of months.

The free Volunteer Snapdragons - Costa Mix

I tucked extras into bare spots

Proven Winners combination pot featuring El Brighto Coleus,
Charmed Wine Shamrock and Purple Fountain Grass 

The second matching planter

Exhibition Mix Coleus
These are not as impressive as last year but they are competing with a Sweet Potato Vine for water and that has made a big difference.  The vine is beautiful though
 .
First Flame Celosia

The Dahlia Patch

The Coleus cuttings and volunteer Celosia are beautiful

End of Summer Dahlia

These are perennial, not annual, but worth mentioning

Little Lime Punch Hydrangea mail ordered as gallon size this spring.
I think I could have gotten three blooms if the deer hadn't trimmed it

My favorite ornamental grass Fox Trot Pennisetum

Two Spicebush Butterflies at once!

1 comment: