Tuesday, September 8, 2026

Autumn Decor

 Now that September is here we have begun our fall chores: shampooing rugs, washing tractors, cutting cornstalks, taking apart the pumpkin patch.  That comes with a bonus.  It is time for a decor change at the side porch.


I have been growing these purple pepper plants in the garden and enjoying them there, but now they are front and center.  I also am in love with these dark green pumpkins.  They are a result of using seeds from last year's pumpkins which were obviously cross pollinated with zucchinis.  I am definitely going to include dark green (or black) pumpkin seeds in next year's order.


The Black Pearl peppers are my favorite.


When the peppers ripen they turn cherry red.


I still have pumpkins in the pumpkin patch curing.  You should leave them on the vine until you can no longer leave a dent with your thumbnail.


Here is a picture from last year's side porch display.


No comments:

Post a Comment