We harvested the Sweet Potatoes today. We are expecting a little rain over the next two days and this is a chore that is more pleasant when the soil is completely dry. The yield was great in my opinion. This year I planted five really nice starts that I sprouted from my own stock, and the racoons rummaged through them to the point where I couldn't even find them. So I replanted because I always save a backup. I had four decent slips left but a fifth one survived the coons and popped up a little later. So below is the harvest from five slips in one 25 gallon grow bag. Those are really nice sized and they will store well once they are cured. In fact, the potato I used to sprout slips this year was harvested in 2024.


Hi! Last July you reviewed the Heinpro grass/hedge trimmer. I ordered one right away. Used it a lot last year. Loved it. But all the light-colored 'grease' seeped put of the motor unit since then. Do you know how to grease those bearings? i cannot find any vids or info online. Thought you might know. Thanks! Kris in Ohio
ReplyDeleteFunny you should mention this. I have used mine HARD for three seasons now and it is starting to make an alarming klackety noise in the motor. I don't know how to grease it. We may have found the span of its intended use. I ordered a backup last week. I can't garden without it. They are now $39.99 which is less than I paid originally.
DeletePS. THey changed the Amazon listing so you won't find it by looking up your old order. This is the new listing. https://www.amazon.com/Cordless-Trimmer-Compatible-DEWALT-Battery/dp/B0HHWPZ1YD/ref=sr_1_1?crid=S5SERNRZK9C8&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.j7L5AebKWzJrOrJYMJQoKVSCEKnLglxx3AxcJJV0qOqbDbnM7-_tc0zMeBC0-6qQkgQGdULJme2VOMhhJTNSqi2H40Tql3jEncawMF4lEFszr-1Zpf3YRfq7uV1lCNt1MJbKRuBiMr8YYPLQZQo3Cz9Snq7eN-PJJY2nM8w5Q4c9x8Yxfx5eCNrK5oDzVuHyuPs15ye4B5_T1OB5p9_me1Gk9i7FfBjqdH80PQ_GeEY._osRoLIzuYyHsWkiBHRdjmG-I35VPuvCDDRA4SQF6Yc&dib_tag=se&keywords=heinpro%2Bhedge%2Btrimmer%2Bcordless&qid=1790765209&sprefix=heinpro%2Bhedge%2Btrimmer%2Bcordless%2Caps%2C135&sr=8-1&th=1
DeleteThank you muchly! Your's last 3 years. Mine only 1 😕. But even early on the lube leaked from the bearings. The seal obviously defective. But must have one. So very useful. Enjoy your blog immensely and look in every day. 😀 Kris in Ohio.
DeletePS thanks for the link. i searched for it yesterday with no luck. Will order a replacement today. Lotsa Fall cleanup ahead. Hard work, but the best work, no? Kris in Ohio
ReplyDeleteDid a post mortem on the unit. Wow! They sure tried hard not to let customers get into it. Took me an hour and had to drill larger access to the screws. Took pics along the way. Bottom line, while lost lube may be responsible, no lube will help for what I found. It was full of broken gear teeth. Ordered new today. Should be here Saturday.... Kris in Ohio
ReplyDelete