My earliest Coleus cuttings have put out roots. It was amazing. None for days and days and then all of a sudden... quarter inch roots.
I have to say that these tubes are not easy to keep filled with water. I would go out most mornings and half of the cuttings would be high and dry. But they are amazingly resilient. I am happy to get them into some soil. I stuck them in cells and placed them on the lower level for some shade. I have wanted to keep them out in the sun so they can stay outside until frost. Life would be easier if I had just put them indoors under a grow light. They would not have used so much water every day. But I am stubborn, and that would have just been one more out of the way stop on my daily rounds. So in the sun they stay.
My next round of cuttings will be specifically chosen for longer stems so they will be better at keeping their feet in the water.


No comments:
Post a Comment