Saturday, September 12, 2026

Too Many Tomatoes

 I gave up canning tomatoes years ago but something is obviously going to have to be done about this. 


 I have already scattered tomatoes around to as many people as I know who don't grow their own.  I had to pick them because it is going to rain today and tomorrow.  Not a lot but they split very easily at this stage and any rain at all would ruin them.  I'll throw them in the slow cooker tomorrow and render them down and freeze them to use in chili.  These are almost all from just one plant.  This year I planted four indeterminant slicer plants.  Next year... only two plants!


They're awful nice produce to be complaining about...

2 comments:

  1. If I lived closer, I would come get them and eat them until I was engorged, lol. Not really but I do love a good tomato and they are not to be found at any grocery store!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No you won't ever find tomatoes like this at the grocery!

      Delete