Thursday, April 4, 2024

Milkweed

I am still taking advantage of spring sales to stock some plants for the naturalized area where the trees were removed.  There is already a lot of Goldenrod, Aster and Fern in the area and I am sure we will have a lot of "weeds" that are prepared to take over in there now that more water and sunlight is available.  But it does afford me some space to introduce some flowers that I have been wanting to add to my garden space.  In keeping with the wild, pollinator theme, I have ordered some bareroot Milkweed.  I am staying away from the brightly colored yellow and orange collections that are available and sticking with a more natural color pallet.

Cinderella Swamp Milkweed


Ice Ballet Swamp Milkweed


Eastern Bluestar


All of these are native, pollinator friendly, attract hummingbirds and are deer and rabbit resistant.  They should introduce variety of color and texture to the undergrowth.

1 comment:

  1. The milkweed will be gorgeous, as will the aroma! Nature does fill in any blank space....

    ReplyDelete