Thursday, April 25, 2024

Not Cool ~ freezing....

 


The National Weather Service does not start issuing Frost or Freeze Warnings until May 1st.  Until then, you have to keep track yourself.


Yesterday I put a frost cover on the cole crops and the Hydrangea bush.  I hope it didn't get too burned.


Do you see that blaze through the trees to the west?  That not the sunrise, that is the waning Full Pink Moon setting.  I should have hopped in the car and chased it.  I'll bet it was spectacular.


The sun is actually rising over there


It will take the tulips all day to recover.


and the pear buds...


And the apple leaves....

4 comments:

  1. Yikes! Same here, but we aren't as far advanced as you are. We actually had snow as well Wednesday morning. The weather people don't call a frost warning here, until we are past our 'last frost date'.
    Sure hope those opening buds are OK?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alex! I’ve been reading your blog for a while, but never commented… but I really enjoy reading it! I live in the mid-Hudson Valley and it’s interesting to see how different our climates are! I’m deep into cleaning up my beds now, and it’s taking so much longer every year!😵‍💫😅 Thanks for sharing your gardening journey! -Rigmor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for commenting. It is interesting to see how different the climate is even in the next county. NY state sure has a lot of variety!

      Delete