Sunday, April 14, 2024

Spring Flowers

 It finally stopped raining and the sun came out.  It was a perfect day to enjoy all of the spring flowers.  We've begun our yard work and at the end of the day I do not have many words, but I do have pictures.


Primrose

Hyacinths

Hyacinths

Hellebore

Itoh Peony

Lemony Lace Elderberry Bush

Tulips

Tulip

Apple Tree

Winter Sowing

A peek inside


And that tree...
We put a chain on it about 10 feet up and pulled with the tractor until it snapped.  Don't worry, we were well back.  We used every chain we had to put the tractor about 75 feet away on firmer ground.
Then we cut it up and hauled it away.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, gorgeous colour!!! Your gardens are a feast for the eyes. What have you winter sown, and have you done it before? This is the first time for me. Apple buds haven't budged yet here, except the crab...it is always first out, and pretty sure I can see colour in the tips of the lilac buds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have winter sown before. I have snapdragons, pansies, dill, rudbeckia, echinacea, and a couple of new herbs. It usually works out really well.

      Delete