Thursday, July 8, 2021

Garden Update - Early July

 It has been rainy for the past two days so the garden is growing like a rain forest.  And it is full of weeds and bugs both good and bad. The sun broke through this evening and enticed me outdoors.


Grow Bag Potatoes

Potato berries on the Satina plants

The later corn, Honey and Pearl

Lima Beans

The cleared bed waiting for cucumbers

Early Sweet Corn Northern Xtra Sweet

Tasseling

A tired out old pea bed.
I pulled most of the lettuce during a break in the rain today

Cauliflowers
I picked the first cauliflower and broke out a lot of lower leaves

Cauliflower Broccoli and Cabbage

The late peas

Absolutely loaded with over ripe pods
These will be dried and harvested for seed
I can still pick a meal of peas if necessary

Sluggish pole beans

Picolino cucumbers finally growing

I have yet to harvest a zucchini because there have been few male flowers.
This looks like the first viable squash

Jade Bush Beans

I've never seen so many flowers!
They appear to be dripping pearls

Tomato plants

a nice first set of fruit

Hearts of Gold cantaloupe


And a few Japanese Sex Beetles.
They got dumped into bubble bath.
I also saw a squash vine borer but she was too quick to catch.
Drat!

Patio Choice Cherry Tomatoes


2 comments:

  1. Looks wonderful!
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Between the heat we had earlier and all the rain we have had, our gardens have grown like crazy. The beets have grown the fastest! So far we have picked spinach, mixed greens, snow peas, cabbage, zucchini, peppers and beets. I must say....never have I seen gardens as organized and beautiful as yours.

    ReplyDelete