Sunday, July 11, 2021

The Journey of a Thousand Miles....

 The journey of a thousand miles begins with one small step.  And so, despite forecasted rain, we spent the morning moving logs.  We got seven of the largest logs out and moved to the parking lot before the rain set in and the ground began to get soft.



The forest floor is a couple of feet below the driveway and the backhoe boom has to be moved from side to side to balance the tractor as she climbs out with her load.  Sometimes backwards is the only way out.  And we found that two remaining trees are EXACTLY 12'6" apart.


This tractor earns her keep!


When it began to rain steadily, we went in and undressed straight into the washing machine gloves and all.  I feel like I've been rolling around in poison ivy.  Despite having lace-up boots, long pants and gloves I always worry about my wrists and accidentally touching my face.  I pre-treated my arms and neck with IvyX gel and then scrubbed down with Tecnu Scrub.  I've been using the scrub for years now with good results but we're going to put this IvyX stuff to the test!  I didn't "on purpose" grab any ivy, but I know a couple of times I brushed into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment